Tuesday 13 September 2011

*bespoke* zine


the cover of *bespoke* issue 4

*bespoke* zine is the creation of Jessica Van Den of Epheriell Designs, a blogger, zine publisher, jewellery maker, and all around fabulous lady from Brisbane, Australia. A few months back Jess called on the crafty community to submit ideas for issue 4 of the zine. I said it would be great to do a little piece on drabble writing, something I like to do in my spare time and tend to hideaway on another tiny writing blog. A little while later Jess got back to me saying it was a great idea and can I write up 200 words for the zine.

My little bit in the zine

I think my head nearly exploded before I went into panic mode as I dug through my notebook and files to find a few craft based drabbles. I then tried to pull my thoughts together to explain not only why I write them but what drabbles actually are. I was quite possibly a nervous wreck and bothered several of my best friends (Thank you so much) to read through my article before I sent if off to Jess for her approval. Jess asked if I had any photos to include with my drabble article. I didn't but I knew just who to ask. At which point I bribed Matt with promises of cake and chocolate to get him to take some photos of my craft/writing space, dolls and general clutter. I'm pretty sure I still owe him more cake.

So now you must all go out and order issue 4 of *bespoke*, because you all love me very much and want to see what I wrote. Right? Right?

5 comments:

Frizforthewin said...

YAY :-) go girl!!! fab stuff :-)

jillytacy said...

Yay for you! I'm so excited for you! i know you wanted to have your creations featured in a zine! That's awesome! Congratulations!

blueredie said...

That is so great! Congratulations. I will have to buy a copy to find out - what is drabble writing?
It sounds cool.

things we make said...

Excellent. Looks good :o)

Jessica Rodarte said...

I have to see your article! Those are some pretty pictures Matt took! Lots of cake for him.