Monday 28 February 2011

button bracelets

Button and cord bracelets


ingredients:
1x bored child
vintage buttons (modern will do)
cord (any colour, I got mine from a bead shop, make sure the cord fits through the button holes)

instructions:
1. push the cord through the button holes and knot it at the back leaving two equal lengths of cord.

2. knot the cord (or braid/plait it) along the desired length.

3. knot the cord at the end of the braid/plait twice with enough space between the two knots to slip the button through.

4. Wear button bracelet proudly and make another one for daddy.

The Boy's bracelet



crafter's notes: it's a simple little craft project and I can't think of a way this can go wrong. Harrison hadn't wanted to craft with me for ages but does love to play with my modest vintage button collection. I remembered I had some cord left over from a jewellery project so I dug that out and we made simple knotted and braided/plaited bracelets. Harrison was bouncy and happy with his red button bracelet and insisted we make another one for Matt. I've run out of cord now so I best add that to my shopping list for next time I'm at a craft shop.

I best get back to the housework and finishing the two dolls I'm working on. They should be listed in my shop soon... so keep checking back.




1 comment:

Talia said...

I love these. Am considering making some and then attempting to learn to wear bracelets! I hate things around my wrists normally.