Wednesday 3 March 2010

Vintage Doily Needlebook II


why is this picture so big? it shouldn't be it wasn't meant to be. why why why

Needle book made for Annax to replace the one that the evil postmaster ate... seriously he at my parcel to Anna, its the only explanation. As with all my sewing this needlebook is wonky.. I shall call it "primitive" in style to get away with being a bad seamstress/sewer/person what sews stuff.

The bottom mother of pearl button was sew on five minutes later when the light went so I couldn't' take any more photos. It hides a tiny stain on the vintage doilie. It was made with love and care and I think it turned out nicer than the original vintage doily needlebook Anna bought from my now defunct etsy shop... the one that the postmaster ate... I hope he choked on it (especially the little jade bracelet and other goodies that I had packed as a surprise).

spotty fabric on the inside, but the picture has gone wierdy on me and
my eyes keep going doolally when I look at the felty bit.

6 comments:

lillalotta said...

Oh you are such a sweetheart! I love it! ((you are very kind, and the Post is very evil))

((gives you a big hug))

Kitschy Coo said...

Very pretty! I love the needlebook you made me :)

Carmen said...

This is very pretty, love the doily and all that yumsome red.

Naughty postie!

Apron Thrift Girl said...

Darn those parcel eating postmasters. That is such a shame to have lost your package. And let's just say I'm a total fan of wonky sewing. In fact forget the book Bend the Rules Sewing, let's write one together called Wonky Sewing. I posted about a bag I mad and it too could fit into the wonky sewing category.

Addison said...

Gorgeous, love the colours. See what you mean about the last photo though, that's so bizarre!

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

lovely lovely!
i love my meri made needle book and wonky stitching is GOOD x

i think you should re open our shop and stick a few needle books in.