Monday 18 May 2009

Peanutbutter's Quilt


don't laugh! ...well OK you can laugh if you want to...the stitching is wonky.. in fact I'm pretty sure everything is wonky but H picked everything out to make a quilt for Peanutbutter. As the quilt is slightly less scruffy than Peanutbutter himself I think its turned out OK... its made from scraps of fabric, the tan is left over from the curtains in the living room, the gingham is from Laura Ashley's and Hannah sent me the little bit of owl fabric.

The Boy says its just perfect and that Peanutbutter loves his brand new quilt. I don't think I will be joining in any doll quilt swap anytime in the near future.. my baby sewing machine is just too small to quilt it and I can't cut straight to save my life (even with the new rotary cutter I bought, though luckily I haven't cut myself with it yet) and as H kept "helping" well if you have kids you can imagine. I can understand the principals its just the skills I am sorely lacking in.

5 comments:

trash said...

I think it is gorgeous. things made with love are always by far the best :-)

Jodie said...

Oh but it is perfect for Peanutbutter.
I speak soft toy and I can promise you he loves it with all his little peanutbutter heart...
He is still a bit surprised that it is really truly all for him.

Hannah said...

I really like it :) I am so glad that the fabric was used on something so special :)

Jacqueline said...

That is such a gorgeous quilt!! I love it so much. Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

JuanitaTortilla said...

No way, I'm not laughing. It's cute! Peanutbutter likes it, we're all sure of it :) Hey, great job for a humble sewing machine. Who needs a fancy machine eh.