Friday 29 May 2009

Attack of the 50's B Movie Craft Swap


A swap that is all about B Movies, all the terrible 50’s B Movies filled with monsters , aliens, vampires, 50 foot women, badly designed tin foil robots, irradiated critters of all sizes. I have a great love of crappy horror and sci-fi films and I’m sure I’m not the only crafter out there who doesn’t love huge amounts of cheese in their movie viewing habits. So if you craft and love Dracula, Gort, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, and pie tin spaceships then this is the swap for you!

Here is how it works:

1. SIGN UP by Friday, June 5th! Email me at meridianariel@hotmail.com with the following information:
-Name
-Mailing Address
-Website or Blog Address
-your favourite B movie (or favourite sort of B movie horror, aliens, radioactive, etc.
*Swap partners will be chosen randomly by me, after the signup closes Monday. I will email you you're partner’s details Monday night, Tuesday morning at the latest.

2. Your parcel should contain:
*Candy (or chocolate) to eat while watching B Movies

*Handmade crafts with the 50’s B Movie theme.. (For example a cuddly werewolf toy, a notebook decorated in flying saucers, creepy alien cards, a crocheted alien, vampire jewellery, and a brain shaped candle for the mad scientist etc…) The swap can be as simple or as extravagant as you wish, just make sure that the things you send are something you would be happy to receive yourself.

*craft supplies

You don’t need to spend the Earth (pardon the pun I couldn’t help myself) but make sure you and your partner spend roughly the same amount. I would say spend around £20 ($30 ish)


3. Mail your package by the end of the first week of July!

4. Take a picture of your swap parcel once you receive it. Upload your images to the Attack of the 50’s B Movie Swap account.

9 comments:

Leah said...

Sounds like a great swap. Unfortunely due to moving house I can't join in but I shall keep an eye on everybody else's swaps

Lindsey said...

Ooh think I may have to play. It's been ages since I did a swap.
x

Kathryn said...

Count me well and truly in! My favourite ever type of film!

Miya said...

This is the greatest theme ever. I had promised myself I was taking a swap break, but I can't pass up bad horror movie anything. It's my passion. Am sending the email in a few! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tammy said...

I would love to join. Sounds fun!

dichro-findings said...

Well I'm definitely up for this! I love Sci-fi B movies! Watched a modern one last night . . The Day The Earth Stopped! Absolutely rubbish as good films go . . but brilliant as a B-Movie!

JuanitaTortilla said...

I'm in!

Kim Campbell said...

I'm in too. I sent an e-mail several days ago. This one rocks!

Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I might like this website.
He was once totally right. This post actually made my day.
You can not consider just how much time I had spent for this info!
Thanks!

my blog; job vacancy in Cruise ship