Wednesday 13 May 2009

Acid Toadstools and a Magical Mystery Tour

you knew I meant fabric right?

I made this little toadstool fabric lavender and rice warm bag, and matching pincushion for Katy. Now Katy's birthday was quite awhile ago, and I really meant to send her something but no matter what I made it just never seemed quite imperfectly perfect enough to give as a gift. I here worriedly this morning waiting for Katy to open my bag of goodies. I even had back up lavender and rice bags to substitute if she didn't like this one. Luckily she did so that was a big relief.

In addition to the pincushion and warm bag I gave Katy a bracelet made with onyx, and green jade, with a cute little apple toggle clasp. I stamped her name on a small jute bag, and made a card which I forgot to take photographic evidence of because I'm a total dork. But it doesn't matter as we had a fab day out. Katy drove and I navigated us to a lovely little quilt shop in Darley Dale, followed by lunch at Caudwell's mill and then a mooch round Scarthin Books in Cromford and a cup of tea. It was a fun outing and next time I promise to be more organized and get a few more local crafter's in the mix and convoy ourselves around Derbyshire's pretty (and crafty) places. Chatsworth anyone?

green apple bracelet

5 comments:

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

aww they are lovely gifts and i bet Katy loved them

{ i wish i lived near and could come out to play with you ladies - jealous :0( }

Apryl said...

I'll come down and visit you someday....

Frizbe said...

Sounds like a lovely day :-) did you pop by mememe handbags at Darley too?

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site meridianariel.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Anonymous said...

Cryclocky
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/natural-herbs]natural herbs[/url]
LianoritShari