Wednesday 30 July 2008

Peg Dolls

"Hi there. I'd wave but as you can see I'm only a peg."


Today H and I did some crafting together, its the first time in ages we have done some crafting that didn't a.) end in tears (usually mine) or B.) end with play dough stuck in the carpet or paint between the floorboards.

I bought a packet of wooden craft pegs from the Works, but any wooden pegs will do. , I had the intention of gathering together some scraps of fabric for clothing from the Charity shop, but never remembered so we got out "Mummy's special paints" and made some painted peg dolls. I'm quite enamoured of the little ginger one, he looks quite cheeky with his dinosaur t-shirt. H made two peg people but lost interested when I said the paint had to dry before he could put a face on with a pen. So H wandered off to play jedi-cowboy-alien-chef-pilot-inventor while I finished painting mine.

peg dolls

H and I still had fun making peg people and I think I will get another packet of pegs sometime soon and make more peg people, I may go whole hog and acquire some fabric scraps to make some peg doll clothes. I might even see if I can pin down H and get him to draw faces on his pegs, they are a bit scary without faces... but then again I'm like that, I think I watched way to many episodes of the Twilight Zone when I was little.

H's peg people

7 comments:

Suzanne Vaughan said...

Meri - these are really cute! I also like the green dinosaur one.

Annie B said...

love them...have been wanting to make peg people with the girls for ages but couldn't find any pegs...may have to ask you a favour if I continue to draw blanks...yours are gorgeous

Ayama-chan said...

the faceless ones are very waraningyo. shivers down the spine. But I love those little guys. Oh don't worry about buying fabric scraps, I'll happily supply you with some. :D Nearly finished the swap. Need to make a gingerbread man puppet tonight and then on to the rest of the swap. :D

jillytacy said...

Ooooh! I want to make some of these too! Very cute!

Frizbe said...

Lovely pegs :-) your very talented.Remind me to send dd1 down for lessons, she's arty and I'm not very......we can do kid swap, I'll play jedi etc with H :-)

KittyKat said...

I love those, we bought some of those pegs a couple of weeks ago, so this is good inspiration.

Obviously, the redheaded one is the best!!

Chloe said...

Lol at Jedi-cowboy-alien. That sounds very interesting!

The pegs look fab. Are you going to do anything with them?
I can't find anywhere round here that actually sells them.