Friday 14 December 2007

Amber Necklace


Today Frizbe and I went into Belper in the morning, and while she had a beauty treatment I wandered around the High Street looking for a box of Christmas cards for M for the studio. In my aimless wandering between visits to Fresh Basil for life sustaining hot coffee I stumbled upon Clare's Beautiful Beads ( www.claresbeautifulbeads.com the ebay shop) and I thought I would have a look around with the thought that I have an amber necklace that needs restringing. My dad bought me the necklace of amber beads and H broke it last year tugging on it and I have ignored it's existence ever since. The broken necklace has been lurking in the bottom of my jewelry box and I hadn't really thought of it for ages. I was asked if I wanted it restrung for the price of £5 and thought I would rather try and do it myself. I was helped to find all the various bits I needed and while Frizbe waited patiently for me to choose a few beads for a knitted brooch.

I settled down to have a go at jewelry making while H tucked into his fish fingers, chips and peas ( his choice as he was feeling a bit under the weather today.) It was a bit fiddly doing the end of the necklace but I managed it and as it was quite a long necklace before I shortened it and had enough amber left to make a bracelet too. I think it could be quite additive, it was fun. I want more! I think I must have crafting ADD.



5 comments:

Annie B said...

That's a nice story - the necklace and bracelet look lovely. Know what you mean about crafting ADD!!!

Unknown said...

I love amber, it always looks so lovely. That's a very pretty necklace!
And thank you for the reindeer food!

Apryl said...

katy- I love amber too, actually I really love most of the semi-precious stones, I may just have to go back and buy some more beady things to make something else with real stones not just glass beads. have you made the reindeer food yet?

Lucykate Crafts... said...

that's really pretty : )

Frizbe said...

lol at crafting ADD