Sunday 26 August 2007

That Crafty Feeling







I have been having some creative feelings again, though perhaps i should be a bit more gun shy when it comes to letting my creative demons wreak havoc upon poor innocent canvas bags but the deed is done and the above pictures are the results. One canvas bag mildly injured in the process of being crafty. The medium is Acrylic paints on a 100% cotton tote bag that i got from the craft shop at the garden center. For all you crafting and composting needs I suppose. I have a second larger shopping bag sized.. erm bag but that is as they say a blank canvas tote at the moment.


I'm mostly happy with the result despite thinking I'm pretty much crap at crafts I still keep trying, I like to paint but I'm just never good enough for my self, I have the creativity and inspiration at times but I'm never satisfied with the contol over the paint brush when attempting to do finer details, instead of a more blurry abstract sort of resupt that i normally end up with. As for what I'm going to do with the little bag, well thats a very good question and I don't quite have an ansewer for that just yet, I'll get back to that later.












And I'm still working on knitting Meg's scarf on and off depending on how much free time I have and how much Alys is trying to eat the wool, and steal the needles as I knit. Here are two little pictures of the scarf as it was earlier today in the garden, obviously its rolled up in a ball so if Meg is reading this she dosen't get too much of an idea of what the finished result will be. I'm calling the scarf Firefly after the tvshow (and movie Serenity) as to me it looks like something that would probably fit in quite nicely there.







1 comment:

Frizbe said...

Scarf is looking good :-) liking the bag too