Thursday 12 April 2007

Big Cook Little Cannibal

Ok there is this children’s show called Big Cook Little Cook here and my son thinks it is brilliant. The premise of the show is that these two cooks, one big one small have various characters from children’s stories visit their café, they tell a story about the character, then decide what to cook. All very well and good, teach children cooking you say, learn where various food items come from? Yes. Learn how to tidy up the kitchen? Yup. Learn how to be a cannibal? What? Oh yes on today’s very special episode the gingerbread man came to visit the café, and what do you think they chose to make for him? A nice pie? Fox shaped biscuits? No they made him some gingerbread people!

I find this very disturbing, I know a three year old might not really understand the concept. Honestly way to turn the next generation into Jeffrey Dhamer, and they say violence and sex on tv , and modern music are making kids crazy. Perhaps they should have a closer look at pre-school TV, I don’t remember the Sesame Street ever teaching cannibalism. 1 2 3 4 5 eat that man alive! 6 7 8 9 10 bring another victim over again! No I’m pretty sure I would remember that, I think I’ll just turn the music up and let H dance to some heavy metal instead.

1 comment:

Frizbe said...

lol, reminds me of Shrek!